At Lone Rooftop we are creating the future of intelligent buildings with our next-gen realtime occupancy system called P.I.E. (Position Intelligence Engine). This combines Wifi signals and sensor data to provide users and managers with the most accurate realtime occupancy metrics. Contrary to most other startups, we didn’t start in the garage or basement, but on a rooftop. We started about 3 years ago with nothing but guts and a bold idea, and have raised a seed round last year to further develop our stack and grow the team.
We are now looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to help us make buildings truly intelligent.
Our challenge for you
We are looking for someone who has 3+ years of experience as a front-end developer and has a great understanding of modern web technologies and tools. We're creating single-page applications using React, Redux, Webpack and other modern frontend tools. Our team is small so we don't have time for hand-holding, but you'll be working amongst the best in our industry - among them software engineers, data scientists and product designers. Besides that, we're looking for someone who is interested in the following challenges:
how to visualise large data sets in real-time across a wide range of devices?
- how to maintain UX consistency and a design system across an increasingly large number of single-page applications?
- how to create reusable building blocks and tooling to speed up the development of new applications?
- how can we level up our code quality without sacrificing performance or speed of development?
Who you are
We're looking for someone to make a dent and is not afraid of a challenge. Smart, hard working and adventurous spirits please apply! We're a young company so you'll still be able to make a big impact. Candidates should at least be able to provide the following:
- a Master's degree in Computer Science or something equivalent
- at least 3 years of demonstrable experience of frontend engineering, working in a product-oriented environment will allow you to make a flying start
- experience in Agile development, multi-disciplinary teams, fast-paced environment
- we're a React shop, so show us your relevant React and/or React Native projects
- we also like to use the full spectrum of currently available web technology, e.g. WebGL, SVG, canvas, etc
- a big part of the job is creating data visualisations, so any experience with D3.js or related technologies is a plus
- this is a multi-faceted and very demanding job that requires a wide range of skills, most importantly the capacity to quickly learn new things
What we offer
- a market-conform salary with stock options
- free beers, free lunches, free snacks, free gym... take a look at B. Amsterdam for our amazing office and its perks
- a great team of smart, hard-working and fun people
- we are a green company: we provide you with bike money or public transport
- a flexible, fast-growing organisation where you're still early enough really make a dent
About Lone Rooftop
Our office is located at B.Amsterdam, a beautiful location in Amsterdam where a lot of different young companies are located together.
Do you have what it takes to help us realise our vision of making buildings more efficient, hospitable and sustainable? Are you prepared to blow us away with your technical prowess? Then don't hesitate to apply, we'd love to meet you!